Bedford Village Real Estate
Bedford Village was founded in 1680 by a group of puritans. During the Revolutionary War, the village, with the exception of one house, was burned by British horsemen. During this era, Bedford was the largest community in northern Westchester and the county’s oldest, surviving government building (1787 Bedford Court House) is located here.
The Village is home to the Village Green and the Bedford Oak which is thought to be over 400 years old. The Village Green is surrounded by small shops, churches and a few historical buildings. The area is home to many celebrities and horse farms.
In 2007, the population was 1,763.